A few days with nature

A beautiful summer morning, with colourful flowers and the evergreen nature of Trondheim, makes a day as memorable as could be.

I always take advantage of my solitary state by going out to find a beautiful place where I can be alone but surrounded by trees, flowers, and nature; where the birds sing. It’s where I am able to talk and more importantly listen to myself.

This summer in Trondheim, I explored Lian and Grønlia, luxuriating in its greenery.
A round tour from Lian to Grønlia and Skistua is 10 kilometers. I really enjoy walking this beautiful distance along the forest, taking the fresh air and a breathtaking view of the city from Lian hill.

Lian is a summer recreation area which on sunny days is crowded with fun-loving families swimming, grilling food outside and exploring the surroundings.

The last week of July, I decided to immerse myself in nature more deeply, to intensify the experience. This time I left my mobile at home, spending time away from the internet, social media and breaking news.

It was an extraordinary experience which opened my eyes even more than I had expected. Instead of taking photos, I just focussed on the beauty around me and stayed in the moment.
In a way it connected me with my childhood memories of our small but beautiful village “Kalu” Bamyan, Afghanistan, where I followed small lambs and frisky goats to the nearby mountains, singing alone to bring the days into the evening and come back home with our animals.

I felt the same intense joy in Trondheim, leaving home in the early hours and walking these ten to fifteen kilometers each day, singing to myself and reflecting on the enormous changes in my life to date.

I´m writing this to encourage other foreigners, especially refugees, to escape their boredom by taking a walk out of the city to soak up the stunning scenery offered by our mountains and surrounding nature.
My experience shows that being away from city life and WiFi is sometimes not just necessary, but essential.


I am in love with the lush green foliage and flora of Trondheim, here in my host country of Norway.

As a refugee who has left everything behind, I know better than anyone how hard it is to start again in a different land. And of course, I do miss my family, old friends, my homeland and many other old features of the life I was forced to leave behind.

Trondheim is a city of many traditions, cultures, history as well as modernity and dense, enthralling forest. Offering so much diversity in its landscape and cultural activities makes this city especially attractive for tourists and travellers.

Think of a day, to begin by taking a fresh swimming- bath at Lian's water and then heading towards Grønlia or anywhere through the fascinating forest as far as you can imagine. How wonderful moments you would have to take a break with your reading book in the calmest atmosphere, where only wind and pleasant leave’s whisper can break the silence; free from machinery noise and just to hear and feel the most delightful sound of green towering trees surrounded nature.

Let the wind caress you and as you look up at the sky and towering trees, offer your gratitude. Being in nature is medicine for the soul. Breathe it all in and feel your heart expand.

Published: The List, issue 12, 2016



http://thelist.no/
Gulabuddin Sukhanwar

Comments

  1. Being in nature is being in balance with yourself. We can not survive without it. Its getting more and more in a world that is basically a autorun, a must to leave all technology behind and just go out in the nature and seek the silence and solitude. This is where one finds healing... The beauty of the colors, the oxygen from the fresh air, the scent of the sea.. Personally then I find the most of peace. In my solitude I can reflect over life, see my perspectives and listen to my inner voice. Thank you for your beautiful perspectives.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A lifetime commitment to improving Quality of Life for all

More than words